another Lidia appreciation post
1. I think gender and sexuality are territories of possibility. Nevermind what we’ve been told or what the choices appear to be. Inside artistic practice the possibilities open back up.
2. I think narrative is quantum.
3. I think the writer is a locus through which intensities pass.
4. I think literature is that which fights back against the oppressive scripts of socialization and good citizenship.
5. I think the space of making art is freedom of being.
6. I think things that happen to us are true. Writing is a whole other body.
7. I believe in art the way other people believe in god.